Friday, February 04, 2005

You Should See the Smiles On Their Little Faces...


I finally saved up some dough to buy a belated Christmas present for the kids. Curious is a little too young for this advanced chemistry set(ages 11 and up) but Hay will help him out with it and supervise him. I bought it at K-mart for a great bargain. There's actually a K-mart still open on 35th and 8th, where I treated myself to a Taco Bell Express. It was attached to a Dunkin Donuts, which is perhaps one of the more blatant contrasts in scent and brand color coding. Being an 'express' there is a limited selection. I ordered a Pepsi, but the middle eastern guy kept saying Hi-C. I just said 'yes', because I couldn't understand him. Walls were caked in beefy grease, puke beige shaded with donut pictures from the 70's. Dunkin Donut 'maroon' colored tables, where I ate Purple White Yellow Taco Bell consumer product; bean burrito wrapped in a square(they didn't have the handbook for that one I guess), as I sat with the Chemistry Set in a large white bag, excited for my kids. I even moved it closer to me when some bum opened the duct taped glass door. I was the only one eating there. It's getting dark... Posted by Hello

1 Comments:

At 6:09 PM, Blogger joshua walker said...

After a Chemistry Set from the University of Cambridge they'd BETTER grow up to be Doctors, goddamn it, what with everything I've sacrificed for them.... George, Hay, do NOT bring dishonor upon the clan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home