Friday, April 08, 2005

Lion of Self-Doubt...


I used to have the fine combination of being jovial, energetic, and filled with intellectual firepower and the ability to lay on the verbal diarrhea at interviews back in my heydays... I don't know what happened to my neural circuitry but I seem to shut down completely now, reduced to shaking my head up and down... It struck me today in my first and clearly last interview with an investment banking giant in midtown, where I was completely unprepared... "Yes, the rate of return in emerging markets are only beginning to... um...china...um...right..." Silence. "Well, yes the volume in mortgage backed securities has skyrocketed in...um... yes I'm diligent...um...creative? I don't know..." Silence. "One that fosters and rewards insight and initiative...I think that...uh..." Sadness. So the moral of the story is, I'm going to have to due some seriously hardcore trading this month to make something out of nothing or Hay and Curious will have to eat not even the malnutritious Chef Boy Ar Dee but a generic even more msg filled headache substitute.Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home